Cheddar Cheese and Onion Scones
- 450g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Paprika
- 50g Wyke Farms Salted Farmhouse Butter, chilled
- 150g Wyke Farms Vintage Cheddar
- 4 Spring Onions, finely chopped
- Few Sprigs of Fresh Thyme, leaves removed
- 225ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 8.
- Line a couple of baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper and paprika.
- Cut the butter into chunks and add it to the mix. Rub it into the flour until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Add most of the cheese (saving some to sprinkle on top), spring onions and thyme leaves.
- Finally add the milk and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Tip it out onto a lightly floured board and roll it to about 1 1/2cm thick.
- Using a 6cm cutter, cut into rounds and arrange onto the baking sheets.
- Sprinkle over the reserved cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Once ready serve to the family!